FMA regularly publishes papers on topics such as privacy, gender and ICT, digital security, freedom of expression online, and other related topics related to democracy on the internet. The briefing papers provide comprehensive accounts and analysis of key issues affecting digital rights in the Philippines, aiming to make citizens understand day-to-day digital rights issues in their communities.
Browse and download our latest briefing papers below.
Business and human rights
- The business case for digital rights: A briefer on the current Philippine digital environment (FMA, September 2019)
- How to protect privacy and free expression as a tech SME in the Philippines (Global Partners Digital and FMA, 2019)
- Health information exchanges and data-intensive systems (FMA, September 2019)
- Heads and tails: Untangling the links between privacy and disinformation in the Philippines (FMA, September 2019)
- Drones: Taking stock of its applications and issues (Jamael Jacob, January 2019)
- Freedom of information and data protection (Jamael Jacob, Maristela Miranda, Jessamine Pacis, August 2018)
- Big data and privacy (Jamael Jacob, Maristela Miranda, Jessamine Pacis, Cecilia Soria, 2018)
- On mandatory SIM card registration (FMA, 2018)
- Revisiting the breach: A briefing paper on the 2016 Comelec data leak (Jessamine Pacis and Jamael Jacob, 2016)
Gender and ICT
- Gender and privacy online: Insights on the Philippines [Part I of II] (Jamael Jacob, Maristela Miranda, Jessamine Pacis, January 2019)